It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Tell me your opinions!!! Please!!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:25 pm 
F.E.B
F.E.B

Game Status: Ready to play!
zany title: MR F ain't nobody's little pony
I've been hangin' around here for a year now, and though I posted on LP for about a year before I joined up here, I don't think many of you were posting in the main forum at that time.

So I'm just curious, who here liked Lost all the way through? Who didn't? Why?

I loved it pretty much all the way through.

Season 6 is my least favorite, but I certainly didn't hate it. I thought Dogen and the Other Others were a bit boring. Before "The End", I also wasn't too fond with the flashsideways because I was super worried it was an Alt Universe and just a big waste of time. Also, the lack of an appropriate answer for the Outrigger has always really bugged me. I know they "answered" it with the box set, but I don't count that really.

Otherwise, though, I thought "The Last Recruit" (I think that was the title, haha, haven't watched for quite awhile) and the last few episodes after that got the show back on track, and was very pleased with the ending.

What did you guys (and gals!) think?

Post subject: Re: Tell me your opinions!!! Please!!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:09 pm 
F.E.B
F.E.B

Highscores: 15
Game Status: Playing already
Oh, and here I was thinking I was going to just be able to tell you my generic opinions!!! lol.

MR F, what was the outrigger answer???

I was actually very happy with the ending, and the show as a whole. I think there seem to be three very common reasons why some people weren't happy with it, and none of them apply to me, here is why.

1) Unlike others, I felt there were very few answers that weren't provided, it is just that some were less subtle than others. One thing I always found strange, for instance, is that people were frustrated they didn't find out why Walt was special, but weren't asking why Hurley or Desmond were. Another thing that was not directly explained, the pregnancy issue, was clearly delineated into 'kids could be born before the incident but not after', so I thought that was good enough.

2) Misunderstanding, eg 'they were all dead all the whole time'. My mum fell into that category - but my opinion is that it's incorrect because the conversation Jack has with Christian near the end debunks it, where he states that 'some died before you, some lived a long time after, but the time you had on the island together was the most important part of your lives' or something like that. Frankly, I can understand why people who think that is the correct answer would be disappointed, but I think after giving it a couple of watches they would agree it isn't that.

3) The religious-y ending isn't for everyone, but being religious myself, it worked for me. I personally like the fact that even though they were, against their will, brought into a very dangerous and deadly environment which shortened most of their lives, they got a chance at having a happier existence, free from the hardship of their time on the island but still together and with the memories of the friendship and great times that they had together. I found this really moving.

Season 6 wasn't my favourite season in terms of action and things going on. I think it was designed to give us those answers which were important, and did, and I was satisfied with those answers and explanations.

There were plenty of points in the show that weren't perfect - some of the early episodes in season 3 are a case in point. I've often wondered if there is anything in a Stranger in a Strange Land where you won't know whats going on if you don't watch it (I'm currently doing a rewatch to show my wife for the first time, and thats the next episode, so maybe I'll report back lol!)

But overall, I lvoed watching the show every single week, because it made me think and guess and fall in love with the characters. And why I still loved it afterwards is because I think the ultimate resolution gave importance to everything that went before. They were there for a reason, they didn't die in vain, there was a reason they were all dying (a force/man/monster that wanted them dead), and they all had another chance after death. And even though I wasn't always the biggest fan of Jack, I felt that his story arc as a whole was beautiful. All of that together = works for me.

I am a good noob shepherd

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:27 pm 
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Highscores: 7
zany title: Spacegoat's Cult Founder
Where do I begin with Lost, probably with the start, it may be a long post :p

I recall watching the advertisement on tv for lost, and somehow at the beggining I thought it was gonna be something like jurasicc park, and I was dinosaur is not something that I care too much :lol:

(side note, lost aired behind couple of months in latin america, and I did not had much internet access for the first 4 seasons)

But the title sounded intersting, when it was close to air, the channel dissapear form my cable provider, and I got it back until Season 2, so I watched season 2 first and then some reruns and summarys of season 1, but I was so hooked with season 2, that even if I missed some important things from season 1, I was still very into it.

Desmond was one of my favorite people since then cause he was so different and mysterious, I found Jack somewhat annoying cause he was always trying to be the heroe and the saviour of everything, but I did not hate him completly, but I do think he needed to die at the end because of that and he did :p sometimes with Locke I will be , why can you not make your mind on if you are a man of faith or you are not, haha at the end I feel in real life Im close to being like him that way, sometimes I have faith and sometimes I dont :p
I like Daniel and Richard characther also, I loved penny and desmond story, The Constant FTW, I liked sawyer and hurley humour too

Anyways....

So for 4 seasons I was completly watching the show by myself, cause none of my friends like it, and my family did not understand it, even when I try explaining what and who was who :p

Right at the end of season 4, I had more access to internet and I recall visiting the abc board, cause there was a dharma initiative game, and from there I found out STV, I never really visited lostpedia, I only heard about it from people mentioned about STV, but I never felt like making another account on anothe lost site :p I was very surprised to see how many people like the same show that I did :p

I visited stv to read theories, I stayed away from reading spoiler most of season 5 and 6
those season I learn that you could watch tv shows throught the internet, :politegiggle: I know I was lost for a while not knowing it was possible :p so I watch those season almost at the same time as in the usa

I was ok with how the season 6 was when I was watching it, but then after ending and thinking more about it, I dont think it was that good, I wish it had been weirder and misteryous ending
Im somewhat religious, I do believe in some sort afterlife, but I just dont think it fitted the show, but I dont really tent to complain about shows, I was very surprised how many people were so upset about it

And I still watch reruns on tv whenever I can.

ImageImage
ImageImage

Unfurl your black wings and wait:unfurl2:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:30 pm 
F.E.B
F.E.B

Highscores: 1
zany title: Master of Death
s3+4 is the best yo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:28 am 
Community Mod
Community Mod

Highscores: 34
Game Status: Hosting EPIC game!
zany title: The Mad King
I think that it's almost that time...

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

ImageImageImage

I coexist in places you would never know existed.

:detective: :sawyer: :sawyer: :sawyer: :feb:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:06 am 
Mafioso
Mafioso

Highscores: 104
Game Status: Playing already
Watched it since the beginning. Joined LP at the end of S4, I think. The community is what really made the show.

I wasn't a huge fan of S6. It didn't feel like I was watching Lost a lot of the time. I just felt like they lost their way and the direction of the show was mismatched to the earlier seasons.

I'm trying to go several years before I do a rewatch. I went 4years before rewatching S1+S2 and there were loads of little things that I had forgotten about.

I introduced a friend to the show at the end of S5 and although she was into it the first season or 2 - she watched the first season in 2 days! She did lose interest in it the further along she went.

I genuinely think it's a show that you had to watch while it was on tv to appreciate it fully and love it. The week long wait between episodes and the months inbetween seasons really were crucial to what made the show so great. Like I said at the start, the community is what really made this show.
I would be talking about Lost to people that didn't even watch it. I remember I once completely monopolised one of my English lessons and I actually got the whole class talking about Gods and trying to work out who the statue was and what it meant after watching the first episode of Season 5.

GET IN CHAT!

BLOCK SAWYER BEFORE HE BLOCKS MP AND OUR KILL!

ImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:04 pm 
Community Mod
Community Mod

Highscores: 34
Game Status: Hosting EPIC game!
zany title: The Mad King
Watched it since the beginning. Joined LP at the end of S4, I think. The community is what really made the show.

I wasn't a huge fan of S6. It didn't feel like I was watching Lost a lot of the time. I just felt like they lost their way and the direction of the show was mismatched to the earlier seasons.

I'm trying to go several years before I do a rewatch. I went 4years before rewatching S1+S2 and there were loads of little things that I had forgotten about.

I introduced a friend to the show at the end of S5 and although she was into it the first season or 2 - she watched the first season in 2 days! She did lose interest in it the further along she went.

I genuinely think it's a show that you had to watch while it was on tv to appreciate it fully and love it. The week long wait between episodes and the months inbetween seasons really were crucial to what made the show so great. Like I said at the start, the community is what really made this show.
I would be talking about Lost to people that didn't even watch it. I remember I once completely monopolised one of my English lessons and I actually got the whole class talking about Gods and trying to work out who the statue was and what it meant after watching the first episode of Season 5.

I haven't done a complete rewatch yet since the show ended. I have rewatched season 6 twice though. I've also watched a few of my favorite individual episodes. Like you I've been trying to let a lot of time go by before I attempt a full rewatch. I put so much time and effort into the show while it was on the air....most of it online. And I totally agree that the online community made Lost the behemoth that it became.

As I've said many times before, I loved all the seasons of the show. I have my favorites of course, but I was happy with the show all the way through. The reason for this is probably because I fell in love with the character story...seeing how the characters developed from beginning to end. The mysteries of the island were secondary to me. The characters felt like they were true to themselves throughout the story, so I never felt like the show lost it's way. I can certainly understand those that were disappointed with not getting proper resolutions to certain mysteries. I was a spoilertv person...I didn't make it to LP until last year via mafia. LOL. But, on spoilertv....as I'm sure was the case on LP...tthere were many, many heated debates about the last 2 seasons. It usually came down to character people vs mystery people.

Jack>Sawyer>Ben>Hurley>MIB

ALWAYS!!!

:ripz:

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

ImageImageImage

I coexist in places you would never know existed.

:detective: :sawyer: :sawyer: :sawyer: :feb:

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]