All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 3 of 3 [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Doobers Post Game Interviews - Civvie
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:55 pm 
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Highscores: 7
zany title: Spacegoat's Cult Founder
Great interview :doober: and Lorab (I have always wonder what isthe meaning of your username? btw)

ImageImage
ImageImage

Unfurl your black wings and wait:unfurl2:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:23 pm 
Community Mod
Community Mod

Highscores: 23
Game Status: On Hiatus
zany title: Queen B
The Vampire Diaries - Civvie

Trish and Dex asked me to talk with Timmer. Timmer was Elena making him Civvie.

DD: Timmer thanks for talking with me today.
Timmer: Thanks for asking.
DD: How did you like playing The Vampire Diaries?
Timmer: I really loved this game, but felt a lot of pressure from it. Being rezzed as a confirmed civvie was nice, because I no longer had to watch what I said (I have a tendency to say things that sound suspicious, apparently :unsure: :suspicious: ). But with a status of confirmed civvie, there is extra pressure to "perform". Other civvies who aren't sure who to target listen to what you say because they know you aren't lying, but at the same time, you can feel the baddies using your words to their own advantage. With the exception of tagging DH as a baddie, I felt a bit inadequate in leading the civvie charge
DD: I don't think I've ever had the pleasure of being confirmed. Was there anything you didn't like about TVD?
Timmer: The only thing that I didn't like was the tone of some of the discussions earlier in the game, and part of that was my own doing. Sometimes keeping emotions and frustration/anger out of the game is difficult, and allowing them into the game not only causes feathers to be ruffled, but it aids the baddies since the cvvies spend so much time arguing about silly things.
DD: What was the best part of TVD?
Timmer: I liked the set-up, and the way it all ended up. The idea of a baddie team that doesn't have a natural killshot, but who can get one when one of their own is lynched is really cool, and made for some interesting developments. For instance, Tranq was very obviously staying out of lynches that he thought were going to be Council members, and I had to think, is he just trying to stay alive like anyone would? Or is this because he is bad?

I also loved the way it ended. How many games have these wicked powerful characters and they die off right away? Characters like Darken Rahl in the Sword of Truth game getting lynched Day 1, for instance. This game had four of the cooler characters all end up at the end together, and it made for a really uncertain ending.
DD: How long have you been playing mafia?
Timmer: Probably about a year now?
DD: Really? I assumed you had played longer than that. That is a compliment :nicenod: Besides playing mafia, what do you like to do in your spare time?
Timmer: I'm an avid watcher of old movies; I've probably seen over 200 silent films, and another 100 or so from the 1930's. I'm also in the middle of writing two screenplays.
DD: Nice. So someday we could be watching your movie on the big screen! Make sure to let us know when you become famous!
Timmer: I will.
DD: Are you known by any other name on other sites?
Timmer: Nope, I'm Timmer pretty much everywhere.
DD: What Country are you from?
Timmer: I live in a small (2,000 people) village in the mountains of British Columbia, Canada.
DD: Sounds lovely. Do you work?
Timmer: I'm a laboratory technologist. I mostly work night and evening shifts, taking blood from people and running all of their lab tests. Most nights are slow, but occasionally a car accident brings hours of frantic trauma care, since I work alone at night.
DD: Well I won't hope you are busy as that means bad news. Is there any fun fact about yourself you wish to share?
Timmer: I once starred in a production of South Pacific and had the joy of doing a hula dance on stage wearing a coconut bra and a grass skirt. :orly:
DD: Any pictures :whistle: How do you like RM?
Timmer: I love it! The people are great, the arcade helps me pass the hours on the slow night shifts, and the Mafia games are always exciting!

Click here for RM Facebook page
Check out the RM Wiki Page HERE

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:00 am 
F.E.B
F.E.B

Game Status: Playing already
zany title: Still here still zany
Awesome interview guys, timmer you played an awesome game, I'm glad you enjoyed it as much as me and trish enjoyed hosting it!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:03 pm 
Community Mod
Community Mod

Rocky Horror Picture Show MAFIA INTERVIEW - CIVVIE

So I decided to sit down with Sapient to have a chat. Sapient was Brad making him Civvie.

DD: Hi Sapient. Thank you for talking with me today.
Sapient: Thank you for asking.
DD: How did you like playing RHPS?
Sapient: I quite enjoyed it. It was a nice introduction to RM. It was also a nice introduction to a different style of mafia for me.
DD: Thats great! Was there anything you didn't like about RHPS?
Sapient: I would say that the path to victory for the town was rather narrow, what with their being a recruitable civ, a stop lynch power in the mafia, an earned mafia rez, and the mafia being able to control a vote after night 4. Also, the game seemed to go on long after it was already decided, but I suspect I am missing something there. In fact, it is hard to judge game balance based on how one game played out. So no, there was nothing I didn't like.
DD: I can understand that. What did you like best about RHPS?
Sapient: There was a lot to like. The host's write-ups were entertaining. Players were active and engaged. Both the level of play and the hosting were well above average. I appreciate that everyone takes the game seriously while still having fun.
DD: I always love reading the host posts. How long have you been playing mafia?
Sapient: I've played a handful of games at Mafiascum, but most of my experience was at AwardsDaily (where mafia is now dead).
DD: Well we are glad you are at RM now. Besides playing mafia, what do you like to do in your spare time?
Sapient: I like to eat. I have a dog I like to complain about.
DD: :politegiggle: Are you known by any other name on other sites?
Sapient: No.
DD: Makes it easier to remember your logon name. Where are you from?
Sapient: Minnesota, USA
DD: Nice. Do you work?
Sapient: I do. I'm involved with research dealing with how ecosystems deal with large scale, or global, environmental change.
DD: Oh I remember seeing you talk about Global Warming. Anyone that wants to read that should go HERE. Its always nice to hear others opinions.
Sapient: Thank you
DD: Your welcome. Do you go to school?
Sapient:: I was a student a long time ago. I do work with many students. They look at me like I am another species. This is how I know I am old.
DD: Is there any fun fact about yourself you wish to share?
Sapient: My dog barks way too much.
DD: Oh my. How do you like RM?
Sapient: Nice people

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:49 pm 
Community Mod
Community Mod

Highscores: 33
zany title: Her?
I love the funny quips about your dog, Sapient. :politegiggle:

Rocky Horror was a fun game for sure.

Great interview, thanks DD!!!

Thank you LC and unfurl for the banners! :daezy:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:05 pm 
Community Mod
Community Mod

Superman Interview - Civvie

Super Dex asked me to sit down with Trish. Trish was Lara making her Civvie.

DD: Thank you for sitting down with me Trish.
Trish: Thank you for asking.
DD: How did you like playing Superman Mafia?
Trish: It was a lot of fun. I liked the end game a lot, just a shame those baddies won.
DD: I had a lot of fun reading the end game too. Was there anything you didn't like about Superman Mafia?
Trish: DP getting lynched on Day 1 was annoying. I am not around much at weekends so had I been around later, I could have saved him and voted Golden which would have made the game go in a completley different direction.
DD: What was the best part of Superman Mafia?
Trish: Annoying Dex
DD: :politegiggle: That is always fun. How long have you been playing mafia?
Trish: I played the very, very first game on STV - so I think like 3 years :o
DD: Wow. Besides playing mafia, what do you like to do in your spare time?
Trish: Drink, shop & play video games.
DD: Fun Fun Fun...Are you known by any other name on other sites?
Trish: Chaos Fairy on The Piano
DD: I didn't know that was you. What Country are you from?
Trish: I am from the South-East of England.
DD: Do you work?
Trish: Yes, I work in packaging. Which is dull & boring but I at least get internet access and to boss around people all day!
DD: Bossing people around all day is the best! Are you a full time student?
Trish: Nope
DD: Is there any fun fact about yourself you wish to share?
Trish: I have never been on a plane! (We played "I have never" last night, so this is the first thing that popped into my head as it is a good one to get most people to drink ;) )
DD: I've never been on a plane...guess I don't get to drink. :politegiggle: How do you like RM?
Trish: Love it... It is pretty much the only place I mafia, except for the odd Piano game.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:43 pm 
F.E.B
F.E.B

zany title: Still here still zany
Awesome interview, much better than rabbits:p

And you succeeded in annoying me :p. J/k trish you rock!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:38 pm 
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Highscores: 7
zany title: Spacegoat's Cult Founder
Great Interview :doober: and :trish:

ImageImage
ImageImage

Unfurl your black wings and wait:unfurl2:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:47 pm 
Community Mod
Community Mod

Red Shirt Interview - Civvie

I decided to sit down with Matahari who was Dr Leslie Arzt, making her Civvie.

DD: Thank you for talking with me today.
Mata: Thank you for asking
DD: How did you like playing Lost Redshirt Mafia?
Mata: I liked it alot when I wasn't dead.
DD: It is better when you live :politegiggle: Was there anything you didn't like about Lost Redshirt Mafia?
Mata: I didn't like being dead.
DD: :politegiggle: What was the best part of Lost Redshirt Mafia?
Mata: The posts were quite funny, the host has a wry sense of humor.
Mata: A little over a year.
DD: I remember your first game :nicenod: Besides playing mafia, what do you like to do in your spare time?
Mata: Decorative painting (on wood), knitting, sewing, shopping in second-hand stores
DD: I would love to see some of your paintings! Are you known by any other name on other sites?
Mata: Thirdparty, Cyndyk, Dillydally, sheesh, I can't remember all of them. :blink:
DD: That is a lot to remember. Where are you from?
Mata: US, Virginia
DD: Nice state! Do you work?
Mata: Retired
DD: I've only got a few more years to be that too! How do you like RM?
Mata: I like it here at RM. The site has a nice variety of things to do, and tries to keep several games going at all times, and a ton of nice people to mafia with.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:42 pm 
Community Mod
Community Mod

Spiderman Interview - Civvie

I decided to sit down with Sophie who was Peter Parker, making her Civvie.

DD: Thank you for taking time to talk with me.
Sophie: Thank you for asking.
DD: How did you like playing Spiderman?
Sophie: Loved it!! I had a lot of fun and Im glad the civvies won!! :omg: he bad part was that I had a scheduled trip and wasn’t as involved in the last days of the game. But Im glad I only missed one lynch and was part of the last day lynch when we lynch the last baddie!! :high5:
DD: Was there anything you didn't like about Spiderman?
Sophie: The fact that baddies killed my BTSC partner (and wife )Tranq, in night one! :angry:
DD: What was the best part of Spiderman?
Sophie: Being Peter Parker. He had BTSC, a kill protect, he could capture a player each night and had the possiblity of earning a nightly kill (wich I did, thanks to FH, who was Brock and found Venom on night 4 :daezy: ), so he was a pretty awesome role! :nicenod: Oh, and I also loved to go so hard with such a strong gut against Golden and being right about it! :politegiggle:
Sophie: My first mafia was in STV, it was STV mafia, a year ago, more or less.
DD: I can't believe its been that long since that game was played. Besides playing mafia, what do you like to do in your spare time?
Sophie: Im a bit of a nerd :blushing: , so I love reading :bookhouse: , watching movies, and going to theater/museums. Also love to walk the city (talking walks around the city on sunny weekends or week afternoons :speedy:
DD: Busy! Are you known by any other name on other sites?
Sophie: Im Sophie_Locke on STV, and Sophie here and in fourew. I recently joined Lostpedia and couldn’t use the name Sophie, so I sign in as Locka (that’s cause I love John Locke :p
DD: Nice. What Country are you from?
Sophie: Im from Argentina. I moved to the huge city of Buenos Aires a few months ago. Despite not knowing much people yet, I love the city enviroment, cultural life, the architecture, and how full of tourists it is. I hate the subway and how full of people it is :p
DD: I imagine the city is more useful since you enjoy the museums :nicenod: Do you work?
Sophie: Im a liteature major (I think you call it “english major” there), wich is a useless career here like it is everywhere :politegiggle: I worked as a teacher in the city I lived before, and now im working in a bookstore. Im not rich and probably never will be, but I love books so its ok :nicenod:
DD: Money isn't everything, happiness is :nicenod: Are you a full time student?
Sophie: Like I said, im a literature major, and im thinking in starting a photography workshop. I also have been doing writing workshops for years cause I love writing (literature/fiction/essays).
DD: Sounds like fun! Is there any fun fact about yourself you wish to share?
Sophie: Im super clumsy :p I keep dropping stuff and breaking plates, glasses, etc. In my high school graduation trip, I fell off a mountain chair (you know those chairs that take you to the top of a mountain) and ended up in the hospital and my trip ruined :pinch: In another high-school trip, I twisted my ankle for chasing a tero (I didn’t find a translarion for it, so I guess it’s a bird only found in Argentina :p and again ended up in bed all trip XD Before going to USA when I was 18, I twisted my ankle again, I was celebrating my birthday in a disco, wearing high-heels and off course I fell off of them in the middle of the dancerfloor :politegiggle: Pretty classy :wacko: I traveled anyway but was pretty uncomfortable the first weeks. My life is full of this embarrassing details but I wont keep saying cause I still have some dignity :pout: :politegiggle:
DD: :politegiggle: sorry I just had to. How do you like RM?
Sophie: Love it!! You (DD) told me about this site in september last year and I played a lot of games since, meet some awesome people :wub: and had lots of fun
:winefriends: People here have always been nice to me and games are always fun to play, so im glad you told me about this site! :nicenod:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:47 pm 
Mafioso
Mafioso

great interview!

I knew you liked to read sophie - but I didn't know you were a lit major. - no wonder you're so awesome! ;) :D :cheers:

Just so you don't forget Tranq...

Bea's List: Nobody. What good comes from keeping score?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:54 am 
F.E.B
F.E.B

great interview!

I knew you liked to read sophie - but I didn't know you were a lit major. - no wonder you're so awesome! ;) :D :cheers:

Bea: :wub: :wub: :wub: !

Thanks Doober for the interview! it was great! :daezy:

Sophies list: everyone.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:22 pm 
Community Mod
Community Mod

This was actually my last Doober Interviews. We have gone to Player Spotlight.

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=1111#p105779

Page 3 of 3 [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3