All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Courtroom Mafia Game Idea
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:22 pm 
Community Mod
Community Mod

Highscores: 6
Game Status: Three Hole Punch
Alright so, let me preface this by saying this is not 100% fleshed out, which is why I'm posting it in here for input and discussion. Anyway, upon reminiscing about Judge Judy mafia, I was struck with an idea that takes the jury system in that game a step further. The way I have it pictured in my head this would be a smaller game, though I guess it could be expanded to fit a full sized game.

Anyway, there are still mafia and civvies and such, but there are special roles that get cycled through different players depending on how the game works out. The basic idea is that each "lynch" is a court case centered around ONE person's guilt or innocence. there is a 12 hour period where the cops make an arrest, and the remaining 36 hours are devoted to the person's trial.

Some of the "roles" I was thinking of. Again, some of these might be cycled from player to player.

Investigator - Investigates the scene of the crime each night, and "rolls" evidence (I was thinking of using a dice system to roll the evidence.)
Fixer - Plants evidence linking a specific person to each crime. (Ex. The fixer picks DharmaHelper, therefore when the investigator rolls for evidence, they will roll at least one DharmaHelper.)
Fall Guy - Is always included in the evidence roll. (At least one "Fall Guy" will appear in addition to whoever the fixer selects. the fall guy is essentially "wrong place, wrong time")
Prosecutor - After the 12 hour "booking" phase, the prosecutor is handed the evidence to present a case for lynching that person (Cases presented via PM)
Defense Attorney - After the 12 hour "booking phase" the defense attorney is given BTSC with the accused (Attorney-Client Privilege) and the two are tasked with presenting a case to free the accused. (Cases presented via PM)

In each case there will always be a unique Investigator, Prosecutor, Defense Attorney, and Jury. This is to prevent one prosecutor from collecting enough evidence by themselves to clear someone as the Fall Guy. (Meaning that Investigators will have to find a way to work together to make sure the Fall Guy stays alive.

Every time a person is convicted (found guilty by a majority of the jury) The Judge (Host) will sentence them to prison (a lynch). People convicted because of faulty evidence (Fall Guy, Fixer Target) will be eligible for appeal (the game equivalent of a rezz) Though the burden of proof is on the defense. (Someone still in the game must present the case for appeal and convince a special jury to grant the appeal)

A majority of the civvie roles will cycle from person to person, but mafia roles (Fixer, Muscle (intimidates witnesses/jury), Don (secret) will remain with one person for the whole game.

Again this isn't finished and I'm mostly just posting it here so I don't forget, lol. Any criticism is welcome.

Post subject: Re: Courtroom Mafia Game Idea
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:24 pm 
Community Mod
Community Mod

Highscores: 6
Game Status: Three Hole Punch
Oh I forgot to mention that the "Jury" might contain mafia as well.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:49 pm 
Community Mod
Community Mod

Highscores: 34
Game Status: Hosting EPIC game!
zany title: The Mad King
Sounds very elaborate, but if you could pull it off I think it would make for an awesome game! I would definitely play.

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

ImageImageImage

I coexist in places you would never know existed.

:detective: :sawyer: :sawyer: :sawyer: :feb:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:38 pm 
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Highscores: 7
zany title: Spacegoat's Cult Founder
sounds very interesting, :dh:
my 2 cents will be that maybe make a smaller trial first, to test the game mechanics or just go for it XD

ImageImage
ImageImage

Unfurl your black wings and wait:unfurl2:

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]