Total votes : 4

Post subject: Re: Making better* games discussion thread
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:12 am 
Community Mod
Community Mod

Highscores: 34
Game Status: Hosting EPIC game!
zany title: The Mad King
I love sock puppet games~ as someone who takes a lot of flak becasue occasionally i play a baddie game where i do not *u*k up totally, i LOVE going incognito, it removes that whole "In blah blah game she did exactly this and she was bad..." element from the game and makes it about actual game play, not about history.

This. :nod:

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

ImageImageImage

I coexist in places you would never know existed.

:detective: :sawyer: :sawyer: :sawyer: :feb:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:45 pm 
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Highscores: 7
zany title: Spacegoat's Cult Founder
I do not like sock puppet games, I think I explained before why and Im still feel that way personally :p

ImageImage
ImageImage

Unfurl your black wings and wait:unfurl2:

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 7:15 pm 
F.E.B
F.E.B

Highscores: 2
Game Status: Playing already
zany title: Aware Wolf
Civ Btsc~ is there such a thing as too much of a good thing?

I am currently playing a game where you can obtain BTSC very easily. Good, bad or indifferent? As a civ oriented role, it is working out for me, but I am sure if I were a baddie i would be fairly disgruntled.

What are your ideas about civ BTS? Like what is the perfect amount, and should it be limited or not? As a purchase item, should BTS be one of the more costly items, like a kill or a NP, or one of the less costly, like a +/- vote?

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 12:19 pm 
F.E.B
F.E.B

Game Status: Too Busy
zany title: See how they fly like Lucy in the sky?
Too much civ bts really is an unfair advantage for the civs that baddies cannot overcome. Especially when a lot of info dumping is involved and no cases are made. It really sucks the fun out of the game. Why bother playing as a baddie when so much civ bts is happening along with info dumping. There is no balance you can give the baddies to overcome it.

Maybe if you limit the time spent in chats. B/c in the last game you buy it and its permanent that is ott imho.

I have a new rule in all the games I host- if you info dump you will die. It has worked like a charm.

Also with a lot of bts it can make other players - civ or bad - wonder why no one contacted them leading to hurt feelings. Which I have seen recently and felt myself.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 12:23 pm 
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

I do not like a lot civvie btsc,
I think it becomes a circle of trust too hard for the mafia to break
cause too much info goes around, and yes there are some player that can fool others, but most of the time, the lies becomos obvious with certain amount of game time

Im ok with a little amount like 2 civvie with btsc, (I think 3 is too much)
or one civvie that can pick another civvie each day or night, but a fake account for the one that gets to pick, so is up to them wheter to hint to who they are in case they pick a mafia and they dont want to be too obvious

imo it should be limited, and not everyone can easily have it

ImageImage
ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 12:25 pm 
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

I agree with Roxy a lot and I posted it before seen it what she wrotte
:winefriends: :roxy:

ImageImage
ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:32 pm 
F.E.B
F.E.B

Game Status: Too Busy
zany title: See how they fly like Lucy in the sky?
:winefriends: :unfurl:

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 6:33 pm 
F.E.B
F.E.B

Highscores: 11
Game Status: Ready to play!
Civ Btsc~ is there such a thing as too much of a good thing?

I am currently playing a game where you can obtain BTSC very easily. Good, bad or indifferent? As a civ oriented role, it is working out for me, but I am sure if I were a baddie i would be fairly disgruntled.

What are your ideas about civ BTS? Like what is the perfect amount, and should it be limited or not? As a purchase item, should BTS be one of the more costly items, like a kill or a NP, or one of the less costly, like a +/- vote?

I wasn't thrilled by how that worked out. There was coin inflation in the early part of the game (which I was expecting, the early part of the game was to be coin earning, and then I expected to have some larger auctions, and then a second phase of earning which never really came since it just wasn't needed), but bids didn't get as high on what I consider to be the more useful things as I was expecting (info regularly went for next to nothing, suits often went fairly low, people, until the middle to end of the game didn't really stock up on extra lynch votes).

I do think to a degree the BTSC was what cost the civvies in the end though. They were in a great position for a long time, but then started having key members of the BTSC killed, which really silenced the others it seemed. It built, I think, an over reliance on BTSC for the civs, to the point where in the end it worked to the baddies advantage not to have blown coins on getting BTSC and trying to mess with the civs, but instead using them to stock up on extra votes.

What I do think was needed was a cap on the amount that could be bought and in use at a time. I think I only should have had 1 player a time able to buy it. Perhaps it should have been an auctioned item as well, so players would have to decide the value of it. I do think that would be a better system for stores in the future, I doubt if I ever do use a similar mechanic again that I will have a fixed cost on anything, and instead just make it all bids so that the amount of coins players can get, even if it gets massive, can be at a similar amount for everyone (except those like Epi who just crush it and gain a ton in the mini-games that allow for it), resulting in players setting the worth of items based on how much they want things, and not some fixed cost that stops making sense when it becomes clear that item is wanted more then expected, and also cheaper then it should be as a result.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:53 am 
F.E.B
F.E.B

Yeah, I have a game I am working on that is basically 4 BTS groups, with 2 mafias made of members from all groups and a couple of indies, 2 or 3. There will be 5 threads, four hidden, only one open, and the indies can only post in that one, so I am thinking of making the Indies non NKable as the baddies will know ASAP who they are. Another option is having baddies only in three of the four groups. There will be no recruiting.

I am not sure how to make that work, the Indies are essential to the game, but I want them completely isolated from the BTS.

So I think I will not have BTS available for purchase or as a prize, although I was considering it as a role ability; for instance, "You can make contact with one random civ (chosen by the host) in each of the other three groups three times in the game (once per group)". Or is that totally unneccessary?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:28 am 
F.E.B
F.E.B

LOL S~V~S, before I can give an opinion I need to clarify these groups. Their are 4 bts groups. 2 of them are the mafia bts groups. What are the other two? And then to make 5 threads you are adding the open thread to the 4 bts threads right? I've only had 1/2 a cup of coffee so maybe this is obvious and I'm just not comprehending (probable).

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

I have a long list of complaints to God , but I really dont like complaining that much, only sometimes :p

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:42 pm 
F.E.B
F.E.B

LOL S~V~S, before I can give an opinion I need to clarify these groups. Their are 4 bts groups. 2 of them are the mafia bts groups. What are the other two? And then to make 5 threads you are adding the open thread to the 4 bts threads right? I've only had 1/2 a cup of coffee so maybe this is obvious and I'm just not comprehending (probable).

The mafia is mixed in, like in Survivor, except there are 4 groups, not 2. One thread for each BTS group, plus the main thread. So lets say there are 6 in each group, maybe 2 of those are Mafia in each group. Or maybe i should leave one group Mafia free. Not sure.

Page 2 of 2 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2