It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 147 of 150 [ 4475 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150  Next

Will you play another Recruitment Mafia?
Yes! No matter what, it's fun!  82%
ZRFTS (2), DisgruntledPorcupine (3), Dom (4), Juliets Coffee (5), S~V~S (8), nutelLA (9), Kylemii (10), Turnip Head (11), Flyin' High (12), Typhoony (13), AceofSpaces (14), Tranq (15), Roxy (16), Epignosis (17), Bea (18), Canucklehead (19), Sorsha (20), Lorab (21)
 82%  [ 18 ]
No! I'm sick of BR/LC Games!  5%
rabbit8 (22)
 5%  [ 1 ]
Maybe? Will it be shorter?  14%
Black Rock (1), unfurl (6), Long Con (7)
 14%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 22

Post subject: Re: Recruitment Mafia III - The Rising Darkness - End Game!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:28 pm 
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Highscores: 7
zany title: Spacegoat's Cult Founder
that sounds confusing and complicated Mata,
congrats! cause it really looks like you had a lot involvement in your winning
I did said you were gonna win :o even if I thought it was under a different team :ripz:

oh the UM9. was true
of course I knew it was true cause I was the one recruited to the civvie one XD

As we looked at who seemed to be acting civ, we thought you had probably been recruited in that random recruit from the people who voted the serenity option ("we" was me, TH and Epi who were the three civs that had bts).

And wow mata, someone spied on your musketeer bts? That's hilarious - I wanna know who!

I did thought, I was very obvious on being the one recruited to the civvie side from the poll :lol:
I thought it would give people a chance to go hunt a baddie on the UM9, but no one was doing it the witch hunt
so I eventually dropped it toward the later days

:o JC, you had btsc with TH and Epig
and btw I had no idea about you JC, I was leaning more baddie on you :p cause you were not convinced about Zelda or Mata

ImageImage
ImageImage

Unfurl your black wings and wait:unfurl2:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:40 pm 
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Unfurl, your instincts were uncanny. I enjoyed reading your posts so much! The musketeers had btsc, no matter who they got recruited to, so we had baddie team btsc, and musketeer btsc, and also some secret btsc, also someone spying on our musketeer btsc, :o still not sure who? but it made for a lot of fun.

Thanks Mata, :cyndy:
I decided to play just to to have fun and be loud, right or wrong :politegiggle:
But I knew it people were gonna kill me, for having a big mouth :ripz:

ImageImage
ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:49 pm 
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Game Status: Too Busy
zany title: Purple Woman
Mata you dirty traitor :nono: For a while team UM had an extra chat that we kept secret from Mata because she was being sketchy about her musketeer deal/allegiance, but we didn't use it all that much.

Great game BR and LC!! I really enjoyed my time on Team Ultramorph, especially with the excellent aapje and the synergy of our roles :D Basically, there were two nights that I switched most of the targets to one person, so that aapje could target that person and collect a bunch of sins.

I had been wondering the entire game what in the world the Nesting Doll role did. Just read the updated description, pretty interesting :p

It was too bad SVS/The Hunger got killed so early, that could have been a really crazy role to have around. But Roxy did get to steal her power for one more night and Hungered Bree, who we later recruited :p

What was up with the extra Oracle post that one time??

::: last.fm ::: tumblr :::

The lions and the lambs ain't sleepin' yet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:04 pm 
F.E.B
F.E.B

Highscores: 62
Game Status: Ready to play!
I would also like to say, if Typhoony hadn't replaced in and gotten The Musketeers to actually communicate with each other it would have been a very different game. Before Typhoony joined in Matahari was so frustrated trying to get DP and Michelle to talk to her. She didn't know which of the other Musketeers had which powers. She was completely paranoid that they were recruited or talking in a different chat. The Musketeers would have probably never won together if Typhoony hadn't talked them into actually being a team. Bea's team would have died way sooner as well.

Edit: If you notice in the roles there were 4 other possible killing roles. The Hunger, The Poisoner, Th Champion, and The One That Doesn't Take Sides. If any of them had gotten any of their kills off, or Epic Challenges completed I think our game would have been much quicker.

Poor Zelda, everyone kept on messing with her poison. Finally ZRFTS was lynched because of his extra poison counters, Zelda was already dead and could not use it.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:21 pm 
F.E.B
F.E.B

I would also like to say, if Typhoony hadn't replaced in and gotten The Musketeers to actually communicate with each other it would have been a very different game. Before Typhoony joined in Matahari was so frustrated trying to get DP and Michelle to talk to her. She didn't know which of the other Musketeers had which powers. She was completely paranoid that they were recruited or talking in a different chat. The Musketeers would have probably never won together if Typhoony hadn't talked them into actually being a team. Bea's team would have died way sooner as well.

Edit: If you notice in the roles there were 4 other possible killing roles. The Hunger, The Poisoner, Th Champion, and The One That Doesn't Take Sides. If any of them had gotten any of their kills off, or Epic Challenges completed I think our game would have been much quicker.

Poor Zelda, everyone kept on messing with her poison. Finally ZRFTS was lynched because of his extra poison counters, Zelda was already dead and could not use it.

Paranoia is the state in which I live :omg:

I was so grateful when Typh signed on, DP and I kept missing each other in the chat, and no Michelle at all. Typh really got things rolling, and made fantastic decisions :nicenod:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:36 pm 
Community Mod
Community Mod

Highscores: 6
Game Status: Three Hole Punch
Judge Judy mafia has soured me against spy roles. I would have ordered my team to kill all the Musky's if I was on a team.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:10 pm 
F.E.B
F.E.B

Judge Judy mafia has soured me against spy roles. I would have ordered my team to kill all the Musky's if I was on a team.

They weren't spy roles. It was really up to players in which way they meant to stay loyal. If one Musketeer was dead they only could win with their alignment. Typhoony just happened to kick ass catching bugs. Plus Judge Judy was fun, I liked the spy, he was very useful. :P

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:18 pm 
F.E.B
F.E.B

:lol: thats what Aapje wanted to do, and threatened to do several times. But the hosts in all their wisdom, knew that might happen, and had a built in safety feature- btsc after death. If my musketeer teammates were on teams, and my baddie team had thrown me under the bus, then I could easily have outed them to the other teams.

But it never had to come to that, because I was loyal to both teams at that point. It makes sense that a baddie has more chance of a win than a 3 member team, so the epic challenge was just a 'second shot' kind of thing, if the impossible happened and we actually outlived our teams. However, the certain things in my baddie chat spurred me on to throw my loyalty elsewhere. You know, things like keeping my musketeer team alive :p

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:56 pm 
F.E.B
F.E.B

Highscores: 30
Game Status: Playing already
What was up with the extra Oracle post that one time??

That was The Nesting Doll using Position 3 and choosing you to absorb a power from!

:lol: thats what Aapje wanted to do, and threatened to do several times. But the hosts in all their wisdom, knew that might happen, and had a built in safety feature- btsc after death. If my musketeer teammates were on teams, and my baddie team had thrown me under the bus, then I could easily have outed them to the other teams.

LOL! Wisdom indeed. :blushing: Really, at some point, someone who died asked if they were still allowed to stay in the Chatzy with their team. I thought, "Hmm, I like to be able to do that, as a player... so yes!" It wasn't really designed as a safety feature for Musketeers.

Anyways, without further ado, I give you End Credits! I wanted to get them up for your as quickly as possible, but there were some issues, and some things just take a lot of time, so this is a rough draft:

Remember, you can just hit spacebar to pause and unpause, if you want to linger on a part for longer. The touchscreen arrow thingys covered a couple of words, and there are more things I want to get in there, and I want different music.... but this is for you to watch now!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:01 pm 
Community Mod
Community Mod

Only took me 6 seconds to watch those credits.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:11 pm 
F.E.B
F.E.B

The difference is that all the teams the Musketeers were on knew what was going on... the only secret was their Epic Challenge. And it was one of the most unlikely Epic Challenges to be completed, in my opinion.

What did you all think of the Epic Challenges? We were very excited about them, and it was cool when they started being completed.

I just want to also wholeheartedly apologize to Epignosis. I only completed half his Spellbook, which made his Epic Challenge impossible to complete. And I know he spent quite a bit of time trying to complete it before I informed him that it wasn't 'yet' possible. I got bogged down in game stuff, and every time I sat down at the computer it was time for a new post or something else. He did have some of the best spells though. The green ones are the ones he had access to:

Lie detecting spell.
Protection Spell
Killer limiting spell
Lynch altering spell (odd people doubled, even people 0’d)
Dispel evil (dehunger, poisoned, cursed)

Rainbow Spell (post in colour order of rainbow) if doesn’t happen Magician chooses punishment
Curse Spell (Magician chooses curse)
Temp BTSC (chooses two people to cast spell on)
Apparition (gives info)
Telephone message (starts with magician sends to 10 random people in order. Each person changes at least one word up to two words.)

I'll make it up to you next time, Ep!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:12 pm 
Mafioso
Mafioso

zany title: Poke smot!
Only took me 6 seconds to watch those credits.

/thread

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:13 pm 
F.E.B
F.E.B

Highscores: 2
zany title: Aware Wolf
The night tranq died, we did not set out to kill him, I think we tried to kill Unfurl. How did tranq get killed?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:26 pm 
F.E.B
F.E.B

The night tranq died, we did not set out to kill him, I think we tried to kill Unfurl. How did tranq get killed?

The Nesting Doll again. It was a deflect. In fact that night I think Team Ultramorph were changing all the targets.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:28 pm 
F.E.B
F.E.B

I was so horrified, lol. I was going on and on about how I did not think Tranq would kill me if he thought i was bad, etc., then i killed him :blush:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:31 pm 
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

:o so every baddie tried to kill me, oh men I annoyed a lot people :politegiggle:

ImageImage
ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:39 pm 
F.E.B
F.E.B

We could tell you were civ, we wanted to get you before you turned to us :ledevil:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:43 pm 
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Good thing I was very lucky for a long time, and I was able to help to lynch several baddies before dying :death:
Im still surprised I made it very far, and I had nothing to do with it :lol:

ImageImage
ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:45 pm 
Community Mod
Community Mod

SVS what was your meltdown about? Had you made *some* effort to defend I probably wouldn't have been as confident that you were bad.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:13 pm 
F.E.B
F.E.B

Winner's banners!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:36 pm 
Mafioso
Mafioso

Highscores: 8
zany title: Also, drink beer.

I just want to also wholeheartedly apologize to Epignosis. I only completed half his Spellbook, which made his Epic Challenge impossible to complete. And I know he spent quite a bit of time trying to complete it before I informed him that it wasn't 'yet' possible. I got bogged down in game stuff, and every time I sat down at the computer it was time for a new post or something else. He did have some of the best spells though. The green ones are the ones he had access to:[/color][/b]

Lie detecting spell.
Protection Spell
Killer limiting spell
Lynch altering spell (odd people doubled, even people 0’d)
Dispel evil (dehunger, poisoned, cursed)

Rainbow Spell (post in colour order of rainbow) if doesn’t happen Magician chooses punishment
Curse Spell (Magician chooses curse)
Temp BTSC (chooses two people to cast spell on)
Apparition (gives info)
Telephone message (starts with magician sends to 10 random people in order. Each person changes at least one word up to two words.)

I'll make it up to you next time, Ep!

That spell book was creepy as hell- so awesome. I hope you show it to everyone.

I had fun- and in Mafia, that's all I ever care to do.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:38 pm 
Mafioso
Mafioso

Highscores: 8
zany title: Also, drink beer.
Also, I called out the evil leaders. Err single one. And helped to lynch them. :noble:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:57 pm 
Community Mod
Community Mod

Also, I called out the evil leaders. Err single one. And helped to lynch them. :noble:

:cool2:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:24 pm 
Mafioso
Mafioso

Congrats Musketeers!! You truly deserve the game!

BTS alone in this game was worth it for me. I had a fantastic team and I adored each and every one of them (though tranq and lorab were taken from us far too soon.). I truly believe the musketeers deserve this. I know my team would have never lasted as long as we had without each of them. It was impressive how with just the protector role and the musketeer's votes we were able to duck lynch after lynch. I was getting very sad in the end because I thought I would have to kill DP and Mata. I even asked if the hosts would change it so you guys could win with us. (Little did I know what your epic challenge was. :P)

Also - I've had a good weekend and it's hard to be sad when I got to do this instead of playing mafia:

I mean...come on....Bealzebub and Crowley just like it should be. :noble:

(also my husband is convinced I smiled bigger during my photo with Jon Barrowman than I did in my wedding picts. :blushing: )

Just so you don't forget Tranq...

Bea's List: Nobody. What good comes from keeping score?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:36 pm 
Community Mod
Community Mod

You should for sure show those to leggy.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:47 pm 
F.E.B
F.E.B

Bea, I'm so envious! I've been watching your photos on facebook. It was not a great feeling to have to turn on you guys, but we kind of had to just man up and do it. I loved the way we got to work together, too. It was so funny that everyone thought I was on your team :ripz:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:13 am 
F.E.B
F.E.B

zany title: secretly a group of cats in a trenchcoat
congrats winners! if i couldn't win i'm glad it was the super secret musketeer team :3c

i loved my team and i absolutely loved my role, it was fun punishing people and borrowing their powers :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:20 am 
Mafioso
Mafioso

zany title: whatever funny thing you want ;)
I'm sure the Musketeers played the hell out of their roles, props on pulling off the win. I was so bummed at the end though, I thought we might have had a shot there for a second. Too bad the civvies could not have had a hand in any of the goings-on in the second half of the game, I guess DP was the only one repping us in that ginormous pile of baddie BTSC :p

I was happy to have my team of Epi and Juliets, I think we all really clicked and I learned to trust their instincts just as much as my own. I had a great time baddie hunting with them. It's a shame that the second half of the game was mostly just us trying to get rid of Bea while the Musketeers systematically eliminated everyone, but that's kind of an epic as *u*k ending tbh, and I realize what it must have taken to pull off. I'm just sad the civvies didn't get a chance to be a part of any of it, it looks like we had no chance vote-wise of controlling the lynch with votes from about Day 10 or so... I don't think we stood a chance at that point, with that many baddies working against us. DF had the only offensive role out of the civvies, and it appears he played it like a goddamn hero :high5: Sometimes you just come up short.

Funny that Bree had a discovery role, and was so upset about the infodumping lol

I'd love to see some of the host notes on when all the recruitments took place, oh and also maybe a breakdown of how Bea and Co. survived so many attempts in a row. We learned Bea's secret about halfway through so we knew she would have one lynch protect, but then she just kept... on... living. Good show this game, Bea :devil: but that wasn't much fun for me :lol: It was my Epic Challenge to get you killed!!!

Anyways, I had a ton of fun, and it was exciting the entire way through. I feel like it lasted a year though :p I will definitely play another one, I love all BR/LC games, and I want a shot at redemption :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:21 am 
Mafioso
Mafioso

zany title: whatever funny thing you want ;)
Forgot to say that LC's host posts were consistently awesome, I always looked forward to reading them. And BR's organization skills were not to be trifled with this game. You guys did a great job hosting as always.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:45 am 
Mafioso
Mafioso

TH - it was mostly the vote manips - we'd decide who we could get it close to a tie with. Then typh could subtract 2 votes and dp could add 2 votes. Between that and when sorsha would take me off the poll.... it wasn't really that I was invincible we just kept getting very very lucky.

I feel your pain re: the epic challenge. Do you know how hard it was to find 10 quotes of people who agreed with me??!! My "so who agrees I'm bad" was my last hail mary post to finish it. Lol.

Just so you don't forget Tranq...

Bea's List: Nobody. What good comes from keeping score?

Page 147 of 150 [ 4475 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150  Next