It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 25 posts ] 

What would you rather see in a game?
More NK roles  36%
Corsair (3), Flyin' High (2), Kate (11), ripzfx (5)
 36%  [ 4 ]
More roles where you have a chance to survive the NK  64%
Golden (1), Juliets Coffee (6), LittleTiger (9), Matahari (8), S~V~S (4), Wazzipi (7), unfurl (10)
 64%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 11

Post subject: NK vs Chance to live.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:08 am 
Ringmaster
Ringmaster

Highscores: 1
zany title: Death From Below
Ok so with KA I ran into a few situations I would liek to see players vote on if you dont mind.

The adventuring Knights where a SK team. The roles where secret.

Quote:
The Faerie Knight: Protection on odd nights. The F knight can pick 1 player to be entered into a Dragon Duel. The duel is against the hosts as Loki. F knight gets a secret account and can post during the Dragon duels, if he kills two players he and the BK can post on in the thread with their secret accounts.

The Black Knight: Protection on even nights. Has 3 instant kills that can be used day or night, for each kill to go through the Black Knight must defeat the player he picks for NK in the game "Black Knight" in an RM arcade challenge. The challenged player has only 24 hrs to play or they lose. Can not kill more then once every 72 hours. Gets a secret account.

Now I want to know if I should have just given the team NKs. Some players complained the actions of this team is what killed them. But if I gave the team NKs they would have been killed either way.

It would have been a team with 3 NKs. And players would not have had a chance to live unless they had been protected.

Please vote. I will make games geared towards what more poeple like.

Post subject: Re: NK vs Chance to live.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:31 am 
F.E.B
F.E.B

Highscores: 2
Game Status: Playing already
zany title: Aware Wolf
I voted chance to live, although I do not like arcade games, having a chance to live is still better than a straight kill.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:43 pm 
F.E.B
F.E.B

Chance to live. With that said, I'm with SVS that the arcade shouldn't be used. I also thought Des's challenge was much easier than poor BR's which could easily cause resentment. Maybe there's a way to even up the challenges a little better. Also, I thought it was great the FK could post in the thread and wish the BK had been able to do challenges that allowed for that. All in all though, much better to have a chance then have none. Long winded answer for such a short question.

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

I have a long list of complaints to God , but I really dont like complaining that much, only sometimes :p

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:27 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Highscores: 16
zany title: The Boss!
I am in favor of a chance to live, and I do love the arcade being used for challenges. I know a very select few do not like having to play arcade games, but the majority seem to enjoy it, so I remain in favor of the arcade being used for games. There are, of course, lots of other ways to have the same sort of effect, such as puzzle solving..... I have used all sorts of things for "events" and such like in my games.

LT's list:

Visit our Facebook Page! Be sure to like us!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:13 pm 
Ringmaster
Ringmaster

Yes the arcade is not the only method. It should nto be considered the only method when voting.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:02 pm 
F.E.B
F.E.B

If the people that don't like the arcade are just a few then I take back what I said about that both here and in the other thread. Games should be constructed for the majority. I was terrible at the arcade but I still ended up as a winner in a great game, albeit I wasn't challenged by the BK. Either way, I adamantly support "chance to live" no matter what the chance is.

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

I have a long list of complaints to God , but I really dont like complaining that much, only sometimes :p

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:04 pm 
F.E.B
F.E.B

Game Status: Ready to play!
Chance to live. With that said, I'm with SVS that the arcade shouldn't be used. I also thought Des's challenge was much easier than poor BR's which could easily cause resentment. Maybe there's a way to even up the challenges a little better. Also, I thought it was great the FK could post in the thread and wish the BK had been able to do challenges that allowed for that. All in all though, much better to have a chance then have none. Long winded answer for such a short question.

Wow- I hope Des and BR don't resent me for choosing them. I totally misunderstood the Dragon duels anyway. When Bookhouse and I got our roles, we thought that the players would be challenged to an arcade game, and that our id's would not be revealed (unless Bookhouse lost his challenge against whatever role it was that could kill him. (SVS's, I think).

In my case, I thought whoever I chose, would be challenged to play Loki in the arcade. So I chose players that I thought would have a pretty good chance in the arcade of winning.

When Des was doing something different than an arcade game, I just assumed he couldn't do an arcade challenge for some reason, so Loki switched it. Then when I challenged BR, I still thought she would be doing an arcade challenge, but no, she got something different too- it finally got thru my head that dragon duels were different than what the black knight was doing.

But BR's challenge was difficult. I couldn't give her any hints, or I wouldn't have been living up to the role that was given to me. :shrug2:

I would vote for a chance to live.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:53 pm 
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Highscores: 7
zany title: Spacegoat's Cult Founder
I did not play KA...

But about the poll question, if I have a chance to survive, I take it, and I will do the best not to die
and if I survive then I can do this, do the one who tried to kill me :P

:politegiggle:

ImageImage
ImageImage

Unfurl your black wings and wait:unfurl2:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:53 am 
F.E.B
F.E.B

Highscores: 15
This is completely unhelpful, but I sort of vote against the premise of the poll - I voted for the chance of survival option more in support of KA than anything.

I enjoy both, and to be the key point is, is the game balanced, not is my chance of survival even. I had a tough challenge for survival in superhero mafia. It was 3 days of hard slog of trying to save my butt, which tugged on my emotions every which way. At the end of the day, I still had a similar situation to BR in which the several days of work essentially gave me a 20% of survival with a blind guess. I lost. It was one of my favourite mafia experiences EVER knowing I was on death row and working hard to try and prevent it.

On the other hand, if this happened regularly to me, it would get old. I like that some games keep things simple, and other games have complicated wtf mechanics. So for me, I don't think there is 'one' answer to this and I think the mechanics of a game should be fun for the hosts just as much as they are for the players - I would support any host making the call that is right for them.

I am a good noob shepherd

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:31 pm 
F.E.B
F.E.B

Highscores: 39
They could win with the civs, right?
If yes, then I vote for chance to live. I am not a big fan of lots of civvie kills since I think NKs should mostly be a baddie privilege... If you are going to give the civs a kill then I would like to have a chance to survive as a baddie.

As a civ with that role I would constantly target baddies and would do everything to try and kill them. If you are not going to use it to try and kill people why use it. Why are people complaining that the actions of those people killed them...? Isn't that what's the game about? They had that role, they played it in a certain way, it lead to people dying. That's mafia. :shrug:
What's next, complaining that the baddies nightkilled you because they had a kill? :circles:

If they were a pure SK team that had to be last standing, then yeah, I would vote for no chance of survival. SK roles are hard enough to play, let alone win. You don't want your targets to survive if you have one of those roles.

Edit: I guess that means my answer is ambiguous and depends on the alignment of the possible killer. :)

Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:58 pm 
F.E.B
F.E.B

I really think both can be implemented well and you should make that judgment call based on the makeup of your game. I definitely think that if a character's sole ability is 3x attempt to NK (ie giving ppl a chance to live), then things can go very sour if all 3 survive and you're left with a person who is very angry and considers themselves vanilla. If I had to choose one, I think I'm voting just NK them. Baddies are obviously given just a straight NK, its always in their favor unless reflected back at them or something because its reducing the population of everyone else. But if you give an indy or a civvie a NK, they can either benefit the town or hurt themselves worse with their decision on who to kill.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:27 pm 
F.E.B
F.E.B

zany title: Master of Death
I just finished a game where in addition to having a NK, the baddie team also had a nightly "pass our challenge or die" role. It has proven to be a very effective, perhaps even overpowered, role. It would be best suited as a neutral role i think, who wins no matter what. SK roles, as Typh said, need all of their kills to go through or they're screwed :p

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:21 pm 
F.E.B
F.E.B

Highscores: 11
Game Status: Ready to play!
I just finished a game where in addition to having a NK, the baddie team also had a nightly "pass our challenge or die" role. It has proven to be a very effective, perhaps even overpowered, role. It would be best suited as a neutral role i think, who wins no matter what. SK roles, as Typh said, need all of their kills to go through or they're screwed :p

Yup, I wanted to mention that in here, but I wanted to wait until the game was over. I wasn't expecting you guys to get so many kills off of it, as it was meant more for a, here are some luls, and if there is someone who is barely active, then they'll be an easy kill with it. You guys managed to kill with it almost everytime (2 or 3 survived?). I don't think I'll be giving a baddie team a role like that again.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:01 pm 
Ringmaster
Ringmaster

Look at it this way.

I had a SK with 3 NKs.

I changed it to:

5 possible kills that protection could not stop only failure to win said NK challenge.

I split the role from 1 role to 2 with BTSC.

And I gave each of them protection on alternating nights.

IMO thats fair, and a team that can win the game.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:27 pm 
F.E.B
F.E.B

Not if a bunch of players are still alive after they've used up those 5 kills (succesfull or not) :p

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:18 pm 
F.E.B
F.E.B

Yeah I don't think a SK team like that ever had a chance to win tbh :p

Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:39 pm 
Ringmaster
Ringmaster

They did not have to be last man standing nubs. :rolleyes: :p

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:46 am 
F.E.B
F.E.B

Then they are not a standard SK team tbh.

Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:59 am 
Ringmaster
Ringmaster

Not s*it Sherlock. Thus the reason they did not have standard kills. Damn NUB! :P

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:04 pm 
F.E.B
F.E.B

Then why did you give them the title "SK" ?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:29 am 
Ringmaster
Ringmaster

Why not? Thats how the role/s started in design. As the role/s was made to fit the game better it changed from standard to a non standard SK role. If you change things you have to change other things, such as win conditions and such. Or all games would be the same, and as Wazz would say, "boring".

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:07 am 
F.E.B
F.E.B

Hah, it seems only me and blindfaeth are in the kewl kids klub. :p [do not refer to us by abbreviation though :politegiggle: ] Sux to be the rest of yous. :nicenod:

ImageImage
ImageImage

I threw tantrums about my siggy, but :LT2: :wub: :ripz:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:14 am 
F.E.B
F.E.B

Highscores: 6
what you want every one dead on a single night ?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:03 pm 
F.E.B
F.E.B

Death to Wazzipi :nicenod:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:13 am 
Community Mod
Community Mod

Highscores: 33
zany title: Her?
So I voted in the poll before reading the thread. Hehe. XD And based on the poll options alone, I voted more NKs because I personally get tired of playing games where NKs rarely go through or players get rezzed constantly.

That being said, once I read the actual thread and realized this was more about the SK roles in KA and future roles like that, I would have likely voted more chances to live (if this is based on giving a player a challenge where they either die or survive based on the outcome of said challenge) over a basic night kill role.

Thank you LC and unfurl for the banners! :daezy:

Page 1 of 1 [ 25 posts ]