It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: How to Play Jeopardy
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:05 pm 
F.E.B
F.E.B

Game Status: Playing already
Here are the instructions and rules for the Jeopardy game we run every Friday night at 7:30 p.m., est at IRC #RevMafia:

In Jeopardy, the object of the game is to give me as many correct answers as you can as quickly as you can. You will be competing against at least two other contestants.

Jeopardy
To start the game I will name a CATEGORY. The next five questions I ask will all refer in some way to that Category. For example, the CATEGORY may be STAR and a question might be "science fiction show from the sixties with Captain Kirk" and your answer would be "Star Trek". Another question in that same category might be "star who played batman in The Dark Knight Rises" and your answer would be Christian Bale, and another question might be "Another name for Polaris" and your answer would be "the North Star". THE KEY TO JEOPARDY ANSWERS IS THE NAME OF THE CATEGORY. It will many times give you the hint that you need to answer the question.

Scoring in Jeopardy depends on how hard the question is. There are almost always 5 questions in the CATEGORY and the scoring is 1 pt. for the answer to the first question, 2 points for the 2cnd and so on until we get to 5 pts for the 5th question. YOU WILL NEED TO KEEP TRACK OF YOUR OWN SCORE. I will give you the points the question is worth at the beginning of the question. The form will be:

1 Science fiction show from the sixties
2 Star who played Batman in The Dark Knight Rises
5 Another name for Polaris

Double Jeopardy

In double jeopardy two things change: (1) the questions get harder and (2) the points are double what they were in regular Jeopardy. I will announce "Double Jeopardy" when I post a Double Jeopardy category. The questions in Double Jeopardy will be 2, 4, 6, 8, 10.

Final Jeopardy

In Final Jeopardy you will make a wager of your points. You may bet 0 points all the way up to the maximum number of points you have at that time. The objective here is to try and make up for points you may not have scored in the game, and for the game leader the objective is to try and stay ahead of everyone else.

Before you make a wager I will show you a CATEGORY. Last week the CATEGORY was "Coins of the World". Once you have seen the category you will have to make your wager BEFORE you see what the question is in the category. Basically, you are making a wager based on how well you think you will do in that category. Once you have decided how many points to wager you pm me by clicking on my name in your client. After everyone sends me their wager I will ask the question. PM me the answer to the question - DO NOT ANSWER IT IN THE THREAD OR YOU'LL GIVE THE ANSWER (MAYBE RIGHT, MAYBE WRONG) TO EVERYONE ELSE. Time will be up after I have sung the jeopardy song in my head :politegiggle: - somewhere around sixty seconds (1 minute). I will then announce the correct answer, the scores and the winner and runner up of that night's game.

Jeopardy Rules

1. It takes me a minute or so to retrieve the next question after one has been answered (if I don't have technical difficulties). During that time have fun, laugh, do whatever you want except no bashing each other based on the normal things that aren't acceptable like their country, race, religion, color, etc. Sometimes since I am concentrating on retrieving the answer, getting it in bold, and putting the scores at the beginning I may miss a blatant incident of inappropriateness. I depend on the other IRC Ops people to help in those cases.

2. I will begin announcing "next" before I put the next question in the channel.

3. We will start on time.

4. Categories are taken from a wide range of subjects. I try not to limit categories that are too american for the sake of the non-americans in the group but I can't completely do without them or we wouldn't have very many categories. Please remember if you hate a category it will change in a few minutes. Occasionally if most people hate the category I will change to the next one.

5. In occasions where two or more people answer the question correctly I will pick the responder who shows up on my screen first. Feel free to say "hey I think reywas got that first" and I will double check but once I have confirmed it, it's a done deal.

6. Sometimes spelling is important and sometimes it's not - it really depends on the category and question. In my above example Category STAR, if you answer the question Strar Trek and someone behind you answers it Star Trek I'm going to take their answer because the category is about STAR's - you should at least be able to spell the word right, lol. If you spell Christian Bale's name Crhistian Bale I'm going to take that answer because spelling is not critical to the answer. Also, there may be an occasion where I take a foreign word with the right meaning in English from one of the non-americans but those occasions will be limited.

7. If you are not sure about any of these instructions or rules please contact me by pm or show up for the game somewhere in the 30 minutes before the game starts. I am always on-line 30 minutes before the game just in case there are questions. My goal is to get all your questions answered and start the game on time.

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

I have a long list of complaints to God , but I really dont like complaining that much, only sometimes :p

Post subject: Re: How to Play Jeopardy
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:54 pm 
F.E.B
F.E.B

Game Status: Playing already
Here are the instructions and rules for the Jeopardy game we run every Friday night at 7:30 p.m., est at IRC #RevMafia:

In Jeopardy, the object of the game is to give me as many correct answers as you can as quickly as you can. You will be competing against at least two other contestants.

Jeopardy
To start the game I will name a CATEGORY. The next five questions I ask will all refer in some way to that Category. For example, the CATEGORY may be STAR and a question might be "science fiction show from the sixties with Captain Kirk" and your answer would be "Star Trek". Another question in that same category might be "star who played batman in The Dark Knight Rises" and your answer would be Christian Bale, and another question might be "Another name for Polaris" and your answer would be "the North Star". THE KEY TO JEOPARDY ANSWERS IS THE NAME OF THE CATEGORY. It will many times give you the hint that you need to answer the question.

Scoring in Jeopardy depends on how hard the question is. There are almost always 5 questions in the CATEGORY and the scoring is 1 pt. for the answer to the first question, 2 points for the 2cnd and so on until we get to 5 pts for the 5th question. YOU WILL NEED TO KEEP TRACK OF YOUR OWN SCORE. I will give you the points the question is worth at the beginning of the question. The form will be:

1 Science fiction show from the sixties
2 Star who played Batman in The Dark Knight Rises
5 Another name for Polaris

Double Jeopardy

In double jeopardy two things change: (1) the questions get harder and (2) the points are double what they were in regular Jeopardy. I will announce "Double Jeopardy" when I post a Double Jeopardy category. The questions in Double Jeopardy will be 2, 4, 6, 8, 10.

Final Jeopardy

In Final Jeopardy you will make a wager of your points. You may bet 0 points all the way up to the maximum number of points you have at that time. The objective here is to try and make up for points you may not have scored in the game, and for the game leader the objective is to try and stay ahead of everyone else.

Before you make a wager I will show you a CATEGORY. Last week the CATEGORY was "Coins of the World". Once you have seen the category you will have to make your wager BEFORE you see what the question is in the category. Basically, you are making a wager based on how well you think you will do in that category. Once you have decided how many points to wager you pm me by clicking on my name in your client. After everyone sends me their wager I will ask the question. PM me the answer to the question - DO NOT ANSWER IT IN THE THREAD OR YOU'LL GIVE THE ANSWER (MAYBE RIGHT, MAYBE WRONG) TO EVERYONE ELSE. Time will be up after I have sung the jeopardy song in my head :politegiggle: - somewhere around sixty seconds (1 minute). I will then announce the correct answer, the scores and the winner and runner up of that night's game.

Jeopardy Rules

1. It takes me a minute or so to retrieve the next question after one has been answered (if I don't have technical difficulties). During that time have fun, laugh, do whatever you want except no bashing each other based on the normal things that aren't acceptable like their country, race, religion, color, etc. Sometimes since I am concentrating on retrieving the answer, getting it in bold, and putting the scores at the beginning I may miss a blatant incident of inappropriateness. I depend on the other IRC Ops people to help in those cases.

2. Deleted

3. We will start on time.

4. Categories are taken from a wide range of subjects. I try not to limit categories that are too american for the sake of the non-americans in the group but I can't completely do without them or we wouldn't have very many categories. Please remember if you hate a category it will change in a few minutes. Occasionally if most people hate the category I will change to the next one.

5. In occasions where two or more people answer the question correctly I will pick the responder who shows up on my screen first. Feel free to say "hey I think reywas got that first" and I will double check but once I have confirmed it, it's a done deal.

6. Do not cheat. Cheating is anything other than coming to the right answer in your own head without the use of google or any other source of information besides your brain. If you don't understand this rule ask me or any other IRC Ops. You are on the honor system.

7. Sometimes spelling is important and sometimes it's not - it really depends on the category and question. In my above example Category STAR, if you answer the question Strar Trek and someone behind you answers it Star Trek I'm going to take their answer because the category is about STAR's - you should at least be able to spell the word right, lol. If you spell Christian Bale's name Crhistian Bale I'm going to take that answer because spelling is not critical to the answer. Also, there may be an occasion where I take a foreign word with the right meaning in English from one of the non-americans but those occasions will be limited.

8. If you are not sure about any of these instructions or rules please contact me by pm or show up for the game somewhere in the 30 minutes before the game starts. I am always on-line 30 minutes before the game just in case there are questions. My goal is to get all your questions answered and start the game on time.

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

I have a long list of complaints to God , but I really dont like complaining that much, only sometimes :p

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]