It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 5 of 7 [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

What will be the result of the impending Daryl/Merle reunion?
They become a happy family, with Daryl joining Merle in Woodbury.  0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
They become a happy family, with Merle rejoining the gang at the prison.  17%
AceofSpaces (5)
 17%  [ 1 ]
Merle kills Daryl.  17%
unfurl (4)
 17%  [ 1 ]
Daryl kill Merle.  33%
reywaS (1), Flyin' High (6)
 33%  [ 2 ]
Something else.  33%
Tranq (2), Roxy (3)
 33%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 6

Post subject: Re: The walking Dead discussion
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:40 am 
F.E.B
F.E.B

Highscores: 1
zany title: Master of Death
Pretty good ep. Loved the "s*it happens" quote followed by the good ol' axe to the skull :death:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:27 pm 
Community Mod
Community Mod

Highscores: 6
Game Status: Three Hole Punch
Hershel isn't dead! Maggie is slightly disappointed, Carol keeps wondering off ( but this time it turns out to be useful), Lori still doesn't know what her son is up to in a zombie infested prison, Rick killed two dudes, and T-Dog said more in one episode than he did the entire second season.

All in all, a pretty good episode. What does everyone else think?

Carl. No "O"

Great episode. I like the guy that looks like a prospector, the prisoner with the southern accent.

I think Hershal was faking his death until he got to kiss Lori :hmmm:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:22 pm 
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Game Status: Ready to play!
Hershel isn't dead! Maggie is slightly disappointed, Carl keeps wondering off ( but this time it turns out to be useful), Lori still doesn't know what her son is up to in a zombie infested prison, Rick killed two dudes, and T-Dog said more in one episode than he did the entire second season.

Carl. No "O"

Great episode. I like the guy that looks like a prospector, the prisoner with the southern accent.

What "O"?

So...that Governor guy sure is a weirdo. What was up with that secret room?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:57 pm 
Mafioso
Mafioso

Highscores: 104
Game Status: Playing already
I'm really, really liking this season so far.

I'm a bit confused concerning the Governor. Just regarding the motivation behind killing the soldier people - it's obvious that this is something he's done before. Why kill them? Why this propaganda stuff he seems to feed to the others in the town. What's the endgame?
The comic people probably know the answer to that.

And yeah, that secret room...new form of television, eh?

Is the reason that Andrea and Michonne haven't been killed is purely because they are women? I know what happens to Michonne in the comics, so that's the only reason I can see them being welcomed.

It was interesting seeing Merle again. Didn't hate him...but there's still time for that to brew up. :)

GET IN CHAT!

BLOCK SAWYER BEFORE HE BLOCKS MP AND OUR KILL!

ImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:57 pm 
Community Mod
Community Mod

Highscores: 34
Game Status: Hosting EPIC game!
zany title: The Mad King
I'm really, really liking this season so far.

I'm a bit confused concerning the Governor. Just regarding the motivation behind killing the soldier people - it's obvious that this is something he's done before. Why kill them? Why this propaganda stuff he seems to feed to the others in the town. What's the endgame?
The comic people probably know the answer to that.

And yeah, that secret room...new form of television, eh?

Is the reason that Andrea and Michonne haven't been killed is purely because they are women? I know what happens to Michonne in the comics, so that's the only reason I can see them being welcomed.

It was interesting seeing Merle again. Didn't hate him...but there's still time for that to brew up. :)

I figure it's because he wanted the supplies the soldiers had, but he didn't want to bring them into Woodbury....he probably saw them as a threat to his absolute power. I think the Governor is probably selective on who he lets stay in his little town. The soldiers might have presented a problem if they didn't bow to his will like everyone else seems to do...even people like Merle. With Andrea and Michonne....if they were men, he probably would have killed them after talking to them considering the questions Andrea was hitting him with and the resistance that Michonne was presenting. He likely doesn't see them as a threat to his power.

I was a little bit nervous when I realized that the episode was going to focus entirely on Andrea/Michonne/The Governor and we wouldn't be seeing Rick and company, but I must admit that it was a very good episode. I really liked it. I agree about the Governor being all calm and smooth on the outside to cover up the bat s*it. He's like a Ted Bundy of the zombie apocalypse.

Loved seeing Merle again! I agree with whoever said it that he seems somewhat nicer since the last time we saw him. I don't know if that's because he's actually grown a little as a human being or if they are just downplaying his meanness in the presence of the Governor. I guess we'll see. I think they did a fabo job of teasing the Daryl/Merle reunion while also teasing the potential Rick/Merle confrontation. It's going to be great to see how Daryl reacts to that.

I also agree in that I hope Michonne develops more and we don't just always get the silence from last night. But in fairness, I don't think we can make that assumption yet, as this is really just the 2nd episode she's appeared in at all. I think we'll get more out of her as the eps go by....slow burn isn't a bad thing.

It's hard to know what Andrea is thinking at the moment. I can't tell if she is genuinely intrigued with the Governor or if she's wary of him. Through most of the episode she seemed very skeptical of the whole Woodbury scene, but at the end she seemed like she almost was believing in it. I guess we'll see.

Can't wait to get to next Sunday!!

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

ImageImageImage

I coexist in places you would never know existed.

:detective: :sawyer: :sawyer: :sawyer: :feb:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:55 pm 
Mafioso
Mafioso

I like Michonne. Her being silent I think just shows her mistrust.

I think Andrea genuinely likes the place. I see her and Michonne having a conversation along the lines of Michonne wanting to leave and Andrea wanting to stay.

I also love the foreboding regarding Merle and the reunion with the others.

I'm a bit disappointed with the chopper. Considering how it's been something we've seen in both the seasons as a sort've teaser that there is 'more' out there, it was a letdown to hear the story of the soldiers.
However, I don't feel like it's the same chopper as we have seen previosuly. The soldier said that they drove out of the place they were and then used the chopper to scout ahead...

GET IN CHAT!

ImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:57 am 
Community Mod
Community Mod

I like Michonne. Her being silent I think just shows her mistrust.

I think Andrea genuinely likes the place. I see her and Michonne having a conversation along the lines of Michonne wanting to leave and Andrea wanting to stay.

I also love the foreboding regarding Merle and the reunion with the others.

I'm a bit disappointed with the chopper. Considering how it's been something we've seen in both the seasons as a sort've teaser that there is 'more' out there, it was a letdown to hear the story of the soldiers.
However, I don't feel like it's the same chopper as we have seen previosuly. The soldier said that they drove out of the place they were and then used the chopper to scout ahead...

After watching the episode again, I think I agree with what you said here about Andrea. I think she was very skeptical about Woodbury/The Governor for the entire episode....until the end. I think the Governor was able to do enough to convince her that they had a good thing going on there. Plus, I think she wants it to be true so badly that it's blinding her just a little bit. Of course it's completely possible that she's just acting like she trusts him. We'll see.

I also agree that Michonne's silence is just because she doesn't trust anyone in Woodbury....but I just hope that it doesn't affect her development as a character. I want to know more about her. :D

I see what you mean about the chopper. If that was the same chopper from the Pilot episode, then that's a little disappointing....maybe we're still in for another chopper reveal? It's possible....I dunno.

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:44 pm 
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Highscores: 7
zany title: Spacegoat's Cult Founder
Hershel isn't dead! Maggie is slightly disappointed, Carl keeps wondering off ( but this time it turns out to be useful), Lori still doesn't know what her son is up to in a zombie infested prison, Rick killed two dudes, and T-Dog said more in one episode than he did the entire second season.

Carl. No "O"

What "O"?

So...that Governor guy sure is a weirdo. What was up with that secret room?

I thought there is like frankenstein sort of experiment going on in that town
and that probably the governor wife and kid who appear in the picture on his house are not dead???
maybe I have been watching too much fringe :politegiggle:

ImageImage
ImageImage

Unfurl your black wings and wait:unfurl2:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:37 pm 
Community Mod
Community Mod

GREAT episode!!

RIP to T-Dog and Lori. :sobbing:

In the end, it was sad to see Lori go...even though throughout most of the series I have hated her guts. She redeemed herself quite a bit in the last couple episodes...admitting that she's a s*it wife and mother. She seemed like she was seriously trying to move in a better direction.

That scene right before all hell broke loose was quite eerie. I kept saying, "This is the calm before the storm...the s*it's about to hit the fan!!" And it did.

I hated to see T-Dog go out when he did. He was actually starting to get more significant screen time...and more dialogue. I wonder what's happened to Carol??? Somehow, I think she'll be found alive...I don't think she will go the way of her daughter and show up after weeks as a zombie...but who knows. :shrug2:

Andrea has gotten back to her roots of being an annoying beyotch. Does she seriously trust the Governor??? :duh:

I loved the Michonne/Governor scene after she had put it together that the soldiers were slaughtered. I loved the comment, "Have the walkers learned to use guns?" That's not an exact quote, but close enough. I can't wait to see where the story goes with her/Woodbury. And of course I definitely can't wait to see the two locations come together.

Merle is coming across as quite a bit more likable now than he did way back in season one. I guess it makes sense if he's sober now....drugs can make a person become something totally different. Last week, I thought Merle was kind of timid and scared of the Governor, but after last night I have a different thought. I don't think Merle is scared of him, I just think he feels a sense of obligation because the Governor saved his life/got him off the drugs. I don't think that will stop him from trying to find his brother, though. That has to happen....for story telling purposes if nothing else. :lol:

The ending of the episode was so sad...the whole scene with Lori/Maggie/Carl was gut wrenching. Lori sacrificed herself so the baby could have a chance...I guess she figured it was either that or both of them would have died during the child birth? I still don't think Maggie should have let Carl shoot Lori like that....even though he insisted. I think that will come back to haunt him. I think it's going to cause Carl to become very cold/dark. That's what I took from the scene where Rick found out that Lori was dead. There was a cold look on Carl's face where Rick was broken up about it....great scene.

Great episode!!

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:51 pm 
F.E.B
F.E.B

T-Dog's death i sort of saw coming. Lori's was the one that took me by surprise.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:02 am 
F.E.B
F.E.B

Highscores: 39
Lori died.

Time to partyyyyyyyyyyyyy :manu: :manu: :manu: :manu:

Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:09 am 
Community Mod
Community Mod

Really heavy episode. I didn't necessarily like Lori but I totally didn't want her to go out like that. T-Dog on the other hand, I totally liked. I am so so so sad that just as he was coming into his own he gets taken down.

And poor Carol :(

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:39 pm 
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

I got spoiled by accident and I knew T-Dog and Carol were gonna die, so it was not that shocking, cause I was expecting it

:sobbing: Poor Rick, I bet he may feel a lot guilt because of it, not cause it was his fault but because how things were bewteen them

ImageImage
ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:02 pm 
Community Mod
Community Mod

I got spoiled by accident and I knew T-Dog and Carol were gonna die, so it was not that shocking, cause I was expecting it

:sobbing: Poor Rick, I bet he may feel a lot guilt because of it, not cause it was his fault but because how things were bewteen them

You mean Lori, right? :D

I think Carol is still alive.

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:11 pm 
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

You mean Lori, right? :D

I think Carol is still alive.

:duh: yes Lori, I confused names sometimes :p

ImageImage
ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:24 pm 
Community Mod
Community Mod

Do you think Carol will live?

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:01 pm 
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Holy rat on a stick! What an episode. My main man T-Dog went out like a hero. I really will miss him, he was my favorite character. Lori on the other hand... not so much. Still, felt like a season finale with all those deaths and plot movement going on. I feel sorry for anyone who gets in Rick's way in the future. I think he might get a little more liberal with the use of his revolver.

As for Carol, I think it was be darkly ironic for her to go missing, and then come back as a walker. I'm thinking she ducked into a boiler room and kept her head down until everything calmed the f down. She'll be back in the next episode.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:07 pm 
Community Mod
Community Mod

I think Carol is going to live. Whether or not she'll be OK is up in the air. Would be a nice and interesting twist if Carol/Rick/Deryl really solidify as the core three.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:18 pm 
Community Mod
Community Mod

Highscores: 33
zany title: Her?
I was definitely not a Lori fan, but jeepers, her death was painful to watch! Carl is going to be one screwed up kid after having had to put a bullet in his mom's brain. I also wonder whether he will be ridiculously over-protective of the baby, or hate it for causing his mom's death--same question about how Rick will respond to the baby.

And poor, poor T-Dog. Since they were finally giving him lines I thought they were planning to build his character. I didn't expect him to go down. I believe Carol is still alive (and not a walker) because if she died or got turned then I feel it would cheapen the sacrifice T-Dog made for her.

Thank you LC and unfurl for the banners! :daezy:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:49 pm 
F.E.B
F.E.B

Yeah, Carol should be fine.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:20 pm 
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

I think Carol probably is alive, but with how people drop like flies in the show, they probably will go look for her and someone else will die

ImageImage
ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:53 am 
Community Mod
Community Mod

Highscores: 33
zany title: Her?
I think Carol probably is alive, but with how people drop like flies in the show, they probably will go look for her and someone else will die
Haha, that's so true. I could definitely see that happening.

Thank you LC and unfurl for the banners! :daezy:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:32 am 
Community Mod
Community Mod

At the moment, I think Rick, Carl, and Daryl are safe. I think Rick and Carl are safe in the long term, and Daryl is safe at least until he reunites with Merle....but I think he'll be around well beyond that.

My list in order of least safe to safest:

Axel
Black prisoner (sorry, don't know his name)
Beth
Carol
Hershel
Maggie
Glenn
Daryl
Carl
Rick

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:09 pm 
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Amazing episode last night. Rick should totally pick up the phone and say "Rick isn't here right now, can I take a message" My favorite part was the zombie fight club though. Merle is my new favorite character.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:41 pm 
Community Mod
Community Mod

Am I the only one that thought of Jack Shephard in White Rabbit during Rick's run through the prison last night? I swear I thought it would end by Rick finding and saving Carol to snap him back to reality like Jack finding his father's coffin/finding water brought him back to reality.

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:25 pm 
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

Am I the only one that thought of Jack Shephard in White Rabbit during Rick's run through the prison last night? I swear I thought it would end by Rick finding and saving Carol to snap him back to reality like Jack finding his father's coffin/finding water brought him back to reality.

I was thinking along the same lines, especially when he started to hear the baby crying. I have a theory that the phone might not be real, just a product of his broken mind.

Also, I think Rick *needs* to save Carol at this point. If he doesn't, he might be lost forever.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:18 am 
F.E.B
F.E.B

Highscores: 39
Man, Rick really kills everything that eats Lori.

Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:12 am 
Mafioso
Mafioso

I laughed a little too much at that....but it was good.

GET IN CHAT!

ImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:16 pm 
Community Mod
Community Mod

Man, Rick really kills everything that eats Lori.

:lol:

I thought it was kinda weird that the zombie ate Lori's bones, too. :isscared:

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:06 pm 
Social Moderator
Social Moderator

I really like this past episode, I watched it last night

First I thought Rick was hallucinating when he got the phone call, cause it made not sense phones will still work and then when the man voice came on, I thought maybe it was from the Governor place, and then later when the woman say it was Lori, I was haha, so it was a mind tick, but somehow it really gave me the creeps that conversation :o

I imagined Carol was trapped in that place, I like the scene when she gets rescue, by Daryl and also the conversation he had with Carl was very touching

Michonne fighting scene with Merle and the other guys was great, I think she has become one of my favorite people in the show
I can not wait to see how she and Rick are going to interact and if they are going to go to rescue Maggie and Glenn

Wow this people can never get a breake :lol:

ImageImage
ImageImage

Page 5 of 7 [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next