All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:04 am 
Mafioso
Mafioso

Highscores: 1
zany title: The drunk
It depresses me that LT's Morrowind is getting all the glory when Skyrim is a hell of a lot better! :D

Post subject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:50 am 
Mafioso
Mafioso

Highscores: 2
Game Status: Too Busy
I still prefer oblivion. I think all the mining and s*it is unnessasary in a single player game... It's alright in wow cos you can Chat to people while you do them so it's not so boring.

Also I hate the freaking horses in skyrim. They're always running after dragons or bandits and getting killed.

ImageImage
ImageImage

:trish:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:26 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Highscores: 16
Game Status: Playing already
zany title: The Boss!
I cannot wait to get it.....

LT's list:

Visit our Facebook Page! Be sure to like us!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:55 pm 
Mafioso
Mafioso

I still prefer oblivion. I think all the mining and s*it is unnessasary in a single player game... It's alright in wow cos you can Chat to people while you do them so it's not so boring.

Also I hate the freaking horses in skyrim. They're always running after dragons or bandits and getting killed.

Quite simply dont use a horse? I never do haha

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:23 am 
Mafioso
Mafioso

They run faster & it's easier to climb up mountains with a horse :p

I got myself a pet dog yesterday ... Sadly, I've managed to lose him already as I have no idea where I told him to wait :sobbing:

ImageImage
ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:28 pm 
Mafioso
Mafioso

Highscores: 10
zany title: Prickly player.

Quite simply dont use a horse? I never do haha

This. Become a werewolf and sprint. Much faster. Although you lose sleeping bonuses.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:44 pm 
Mafioso
Mafioso

i wouldnt mind a pet dog but my assassin thief is far too awesome to have any kind of baggage.

being a werewolf or vampire sucks tbh

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:27 am 
F.E.B
F.E.B

Highscores: 11
Game Status: Ready to play!
i wouldnt mind a pet dog but my assassin thief is far too awesome to have any kind of baggage.

being a werewolf or vampire sucks tbh

Werewolfs aren't that bad, but ya, vampires are bleh. Can't wait to get this game.

Are you playing legitly or do you use the billion glitches in the game?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:52 am 
Mafioso
Mafioso

Nah im too legit to quit me xD

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:58 am 
Mafioso
Mafioso

I already am a werewolf. I've not really used the bloodlust (or whatever it's called) ability so I hadn't thought about using it to get around faster. Cheers for the tip, DP :daezy:

I concur, being a vampire sucks :nicenod:

I've changed my capacity limit & got a lock pick cheat - cos those are the 2 things I find most irritating, the only glitch I've taken advantage of is taking stuffs from shops occasionally when it doesn't count as stealing and it should.

ImageImage
ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:37 pm 
Mafioso
Mafioso

See i dont do none of that.

My guy is practically a wetboy now ( read the nightangel trilogy i mentioned in the book thread its awesome.) and based off one of the characters in it so my lockpick and sneaking are amazing! :D Im struggling with the alchemy skill though thats a b*tc* to get up

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:46 pm 
F.E.B
F.E.B

Highscores: 6
so just a question, if i buy this game in 1 w<eek a 2 weeks, with what char i start best, storng one , magic , .. ? what the most fun in the game ?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:06 pm 
Mafioso
Mafioso

It's really up to you and how you like to play Wazz. Personally, I use magic in one hand and a blade in the other.... I absolutely suck at blocking & archery though so that's why I choose that :p

Dunny wrote:
See i dont do none of that.

My guy is practically a wetboy now ( read the nightangel trilogy i mentioned in the book thread its awesome.) and based off one of the characters in it so my lockpick and sneaking are amazing! :D Im struggling with the alchemy skill though thats a b*tc* to get up

I have my destruction magic, one handed and sneak up!
Sneaking FTW - I love the cut out scenes when my char kills with one hit :lol:

Alchemy is pretty easy, just taste everything you ever lay your hands on and it gets it quite high, then you should get a list of potions you can make... I just find it boring :|

What's a wet boy?

ImageImage
ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:44 pm 
Mafioso
Mafioso

an uber assassin...read the books

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:50 pm 
F.E.B
F.E.B

what books ?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:32 am 
Mafioso
Mafioso

seriously? read my post before your last post

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:42 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hmm.... what books, Dunny? Are they "in game" books or are there books you buy?

LT's list:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:33 pm 
Mafioso
Mafioso

the night angel trilogy i said this like 2 maybe 3 posts ago...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:19 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

the night angel trilogy i said this like 2 maybe 3 posts ago...

OH!!!! :lol:

LT's list:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:01 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I got it!!!!!!!!!! :sunny:

LT's list:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:28 am 
F.E.B
F.E.B

I normally get it friday jeeej :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:57 pm 
F.E.B
F.E.B

Whoever decided on this lockpicking system deserves a punch to the face. I didn't like it in oblivion, but this is even more boring.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:15 pm 
Mafioso
Mafioso

Whoever decided on this lockpicking system deserves a punch to the face. I didn't like it in oblivion, but this is even more boring.

If you've got skyrim for the pc, get lockpick pro from the nexus website :nicenod:

ImageImage
ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:12 pm 
F.E.B
F.E.B

If you've got skyrim for the pc, get lockpick pro from the nexus website :nicenod:

Nah, I got it for the 360. Oh well, I'm already at like 57 in it, and once you get to 100 you can just make the picks never break which will make it bearable.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:30 pm 
F.E.B
F.E.B

got it now and playing, looks so awesome :p

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:18 pm 
Mafioso
Mafioso

zany title: Just some guy

It's basically Fallout 3/NV's system, but it worked a lot better there for some reason (they seem to have replaced mechanics that were bad in Oblivion with ones that were better in Fallout quite a bit). I like it because I'm used to it, but my lockpick skill is practically at 100, and lockpicks are really cheap from the woman in the Thieves Guild.

Fought my first Elder Dragon the other day. Those things are really tough, and they don't even care when you use
Spoiler:
Dragonrend
on them. It has the usual effect, but their AI tries to find ways around it. Oh and being a werewolf is a million times better than vampirism :p Immune to diseases and poisons, only weak against silver weapons which aren't that common, and you can turn into a badass wolf. Way worth not being able to get benefits from sleep. I barely even do that anyway. My character has serious insomnia issues I think...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:22 am 
F.E.B
F.E.B

It's basically Fallout 3/NV's system, but it worked a lot better there for some reason (they seem to have replaced mechanics that were bad in Oblivion with ones that were better in Fallout quite a bit). I like it because I'm used to it, but my lockpick skill is practically at 100, and lockpicks are really cheap from the woman in the Thieves Guild.

Fought my first Elder Dragon the other day. Those things are really tough, and they don't even care when you use
Spoiler:
Dragonrend
on them. It has the usual effect, but their AI tries to find ways around it. Oh and being a werewolf is a million times better than vampirism :p Immune to diseases and poisons, only weak against silver weapons which aren't that common, and you can turn into a badass wolf. Way worth not being able to get benefits from sleep. I barely even do that anyway. My character has serious insomnia issues I think...

Ya, I got lockpicking up to 100 as well (well, I got everything to 100, I beat the 2 main story lines, so I got the oshgum infinium or w/e the name is, and used the book cheat to get to lvl 81). I dunno, I just think that's a mechanic that should be scrapped entirely. Personally, I like it better in Dragon Age (you just have to have the skill points to open certain things). Obviously that removes all skill to it and everything, but it isn't even skill as it is now, because if you're low on picks, you just save in front of the chest and then reload if you run out.

And really? I dunno, I found dragons to be one of the easier fights in the game, since they're pure avoidance. It can take a lot of kiting, but other then that, they're pretty simple. I'd take a dragon over a giant every time (at least at low levels on the rare occasion I remember to have a follower with me, giants like smashing them...).

And that kind of happens with all dragons as well for spoiler. It's really a matter of terrain. Since they can fly so far around, when it does finally come into play, it doesn't always work nicely.

And ya werewolf is way better. But it's just disease immunity :P And It's not only weak to silver, it's an increased weakness to silver (like vamps are weaker to... fire iirc). I might try out a save as a vamp, just to see the stage 4 one. Apparently if you're wearing armor that covers your whole body, you don't burn, so I'm curious if that also means people won't freak out when they see you.

And ya lol, I had that problem with the sleeping. I forgot you had to do that to start the Dark Brotherhood stuff (wasn't trying to start it anyways, but ya), turns out I had gone the whole game without sleeping once, guess that's what happens when the very first thing you do is get werewolf form.

What not-class-class are you playing as?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:16 am 
Mafioso
Mafioso

Spoiler:
Dragonrend

Ya, I got lockpicking up to 100 as well (well, I got everything to 100, I beat the 2 main story lines, so I got the oshgum infinium or w/e the name is, and used the book cheat to get to lvl 81). I dunno, I just think that's a mechanic that should be scrapped entirely. Personally, I like it better in Dragon Age (you just have to have the skill points to open certain things). Obviously that removes all skill to it and everything, but it isn't even skill as it is now, because if you're low on picks, you just save in front of the chest and then reload if you run out.

And really? I dunno, I found dragons to be one of the easier fights in the game, since they're pure avoidance. It can take a lot of kiting, but other then that, they're pretty simple. I'd take a dragon over a giant every time (at least at low levels on the rare occasion I remember to have a follower with me, giants like smashing them...).

And that kind of happens with all dragons as well for spoiler. It's really a matter of terrain. Since they can fly so far around, when it does finally come into play, it doesn't always work nicely.

And ya werewolf is way better. But it's just disease immunity :P And It's not only weak to silver, it's an increased weakness to silver (like vamps are weaker to... fire iirc). I might try out a save as a vamp, just to see the stage 4 one. Apparently if you're wearing armor that covers your whole body, you don't burn, so I'm curious if that also means people won't freak out when they see you.

And ya lol, I had that problem with the sleeping. I forgot you had to do that to start the Dark Brotherhood stuff (wasn't trying to start it anyways, but ya), turns out I had gone the whole game without sleeping once, guess that's what happens when the very first thing you do is get werewolf form.

Well I don't know what level you are, I'm almost 40 myself and you see different dragons depending on level. Elder dragons are bullies and I'm not looking forward to meeting an Ancient one. Normal dragons are still wimps. Saying that I remember being chased to a quest objective by a frost dragon that I just couldn't get rid of for some reason, I was in really bad shape and couldn't find anywhere to hide and heal up.

I planned on becoming a vampire, but I had really bad experiences with it in Oblivion so I figured go with werewolf instead. When I eventually make a second character I'll probably go with a vampire again, it's just that feeding gets to be an issue. I don't like having to constantly make sure I'm gonna be near someone I can eat before the sun comes up and roasts me.

I'm a stealthy, magic/one-handed sword using class. You?

Also, the maxed out fire-breath shout is the greatest thing ever. Killed a whole bunch (I think about 10) of frostbite spiders with it in one go, the game actually lagged for a minute just registering the deaths. Way better than Fus Ro Da :p

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:45 pm 
F.E.B
F.E.B

Spoiler:
Dragonrend

Well I don't know what level you are, I'm almost 40 myself and you see different dragons depending on level. Elder dragons are bullies and I'm not looking forward to meeting an Ancient one. Normal dragons are still wimps. Saying that I remember being chased to a quest objective by a frost dragon that I just couldn't get rid of for some reason, I was in really bad shape and couldn't find anywhere to hide and heal up.

I planned on becoming a vampire, but I had really bad experiences with it in Oblivion so I figured go with werewolf instead. When I eventually make a second character I'll probably go with a vampire again, it's just that feeding gets to be an issue. I don't like having to constantly make sure I'm gonna be near someone I can eat before the sun comes up and roasts me.

I'm a stealthy, magic/one-handed sword using class. You?

Also, the maxed out fire-breath shout is the greatest thing ever. Killed a whole bunch (I think about 10) of frostbite spiders with it in one go, the game actually lagged for a minute just registering the deaths. Way better than Fus Ro Da :p

81 now, I got to 52 and then just boosted after I had beaten alduin and the civil war stuff. I dunno, I find all dragons to be pretty much the same difficulty (except skeleton which are just super easy). If they actually hit you, they hit like a truck (except for the crappier ones from low levels, which at high levels you can just sit through), so it's all about avoidance. That's what's nice about destruction though. If you're dual casting the same spell, you can just do the stun and lock them out from even moving.

And ya, I hated being a vampire in Oblivion. I'm not sure I'll try it in skyrim, I might the next time I play through.

I leveled using light armor and destruction (I used fire while leveling just cause of the lower mana cost), but now I'm using daedric heavy armor (pretty much filled out that tree, just didn't have enough to put 5/5 in the first perk), a daedric sword (still have to make a new one and enchant it better), and lightning (I have 1 more piece of daedric armor to remake, and then I'll be able to cast destruction magic 100% free, so then I'll probably go back to dual wielding magic, once I get the master abilities for destruction). But sometimes just fists, cause the doing your armor as your damage and 2 or 3 shotting things with your barehands is hilarious.

Haha, ya, I used the fire-breath shout as well (just keep the sprint on all the time now). Do you have the +25% damage for it?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:27 pm 
Mafioso
Mafioso

I dunno how to get +25% damage. If it's what I think it could be, then that door has kinda been closed to me.

I'm currently running around in full glass armour with an enchanted ebony sword. My problem with fighting dragons is that I like to tank them, so they get plenty of chances to burn/freeze me up and have a nice Dovahkiin breakfast. My own fault really :p

Page 1 of 2 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next